An 11 week program for those searching for support in their grief at the loss of a loved one will be held at the Edmonton Eparchy Pastoral Centre, 9645 – 108 Ave, March 16 – June 1. The sessions will run from 6:30 – 8:30 pm., Thursday evenings. Each session will include a video and group discussion. Our goal will be to build community with others who have experienced loss, gain a better understanding of what we are experiencing, and give and receive support and encouragement while journeying through mourning. A GriefShare workbook will be provided for note taking, journaling and grief study. Cost: $25.00 to cover materials. For further information, or to register email education [at] edmontoneparchy [dot] com or call 780 – 424-5496.
Search the Site:
Our Holy Father Porphyrius, Bishop of Gaza (420); Sixth Hour - Isaiah 8:13-9:7; Vespers - Genesis 6:9-22; Proverbs 8:1-21; ;Great Fast Day 15. Abstention from meat and foods that contain meat. According to liturgical prescriptions, the Divine Liturgy is not celebrated today.
Subscribe to our website via email
The rich man is not one who has much but one who gives much. For, what he gives away remains his forever.
St. John Chrysostom
- Camp Oselia 2018: July 1- Aug 4
- Feb 24 – The First and Second Finding of the Precious Head of the Holy, Glorious Prophet and Forerunner John the Baptist
- Feb 23 – Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts for Friday of the Second Week of the Great Fast
- Photos: Archbishop Joseph N. MacNeil’s Funeral
- The Passing of a True Friend and Mentor: Bishop David Motiuk Mourns the Passing of Archbishop Joseph N. MacNeil
- Feb 25 – Second Sunday of the Great Fast: St. Gregory of Palamas, Tone 5; Our Holy Father Tarasius, Archbishop of Constantinople (806)
- Feb 21 – Liturgy of the Presanctified Gifts for Wednesday of the Second Week of the Great Fast